Join our quarterly book sales team! It takes many volunteers to hold a successful book sale. Your help in this area is always appreciated.
Much activity happens in the weeks leading up to the sale weekend:
- Advertise the sale on various websites and to our members and contacts
- Prepare the flyers
- Contact prior volunteers and set up the SignUp sheet
- Arrange for the Book Sale Banner to be hung outside the Library
- Arrange for the tables to be set up in the garage
- Arrange for the pickup of the book sale remainders
- Make sure we have all the needed supplies on hand.
Work in the garage where the sales occur begins on the Friday afternoon prior to the sale when we set up the tables and arrange boxes of books on them. We also get the canopies set up so that we can use them during the sale to shield the cashiers and counters from the sun.
On the first day of the sale (Saturday), we need several volunteers to arrive about 45 minutes prior to opening to help with the final details of setup: getting the tables moved to the driveway for additional books and checkout stations, putting out our signs at the street and setting up the different stations.
During the sale, volunteers check in members for the members-only hour, work at the checkout stations and consolidate and replenish stock. At the end of Saturday everything must be moved back into the garage.
Sunday is normally a bag sale with the hope that most of the inventory will be sold. Once again volunteers consolidate stock, hand out bags to shoppers, act as cashiers and count. At the end of Sunday, all remainders are boxed, the tables are cleared, funds are counted, and the garage is returned to how it was prior to the sale.