Your generous donations of money, books and media allow our organization to fund programs and materials at the Library. Refreshing the Best Seller Collection, visits from renowned authors, kids’ science and art camps, concerts and musical performances, adult educational seminars and the Summer Reading program are just some of the activities we’re able to sponsor for the community.
We gladly accept monetary gifts of any amount. Online donations are processed through PayPal using your credit card or PayPal account.
Prefer paper? Mail your check to:
Friends of the Mountain View Library
585 Franklin Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
Donate Books and Media
Downsizing your home library? Wondering what to do with all the books your kids have outgrown? Bring them to the Friends!
How to Donate Materials
- Pack your books/media into full, closed boxes or bags no larger than the size of bankers’ boxes. We accept up to four boxes or bags per visit.
- Stop by during any of our donation days and hours. No appointments necessary. Please note: our donation days apply only when the Library is open. View the Library schedule here.
Donation Days & Hours
|10:00 am – 11:30 am
|Pending volunteer support*
|1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
|10-11:30 am on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Saturdays of the month
*Donation appointments are currently suspended on Wednesdays due to lack of staff.
Materials We Accept
- Paperback and hardback fiction and non-fiction books
- Books and music on CD
- DVDs and Blu-ray disks
- Computer manuals published in the last four years
- Spanish language materials
Materials We Cannot Accept
- Damaged, dirty or damp materials
- Magazines of any kind including National Geographic magazines
- Catalogs, cards or other miscellaneous items
- Cassettes or VHS tapes
- Foreign language (other than Spanish) materials
Where to Donate Materials
Come to the back of the library building at 585 Franklin Street (Google map) in downtown Mountain View. The driveway leading up to the book drop is on Mercy Street just to the left of the driveway that leads down into the Library’s underground parking garage.
Volunteers will be there to accept your boxes and issue donation receipts, if requested.
We are a 501(c)3 charitable organization. Our tax I.D. is 23-7255217.
Need more information about donating? Visit our FAQ.